Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Check up #1 & Day in Dallas

01/11/16
buh bye staples
 
I went to my first post surgery check up at 9am. Boy was I excited to get those annoying staples out. The appointment began like every appointment begins... the scale. My reaction is comparable to the aliens in Toy Story as they look up and see 'The Claaaaaw'. The scale is my master. He chooses who (what weight) will go, and who (what weight) will stay. 
 

 
 
The nurses were shocked by my weight loss success and for the first time ever,
 I was proud to be on that scale! 
"over 40lbs lost" with wide eyes from the nurse.
Followed by a "great job that number I huge. way to go!! 
That made me feel soo soo good! The appointment itself was short and sweet. They of course removed my staples, discussed daily protein intake and fluid goals. Briefly discussed vitamins but did not have my lab work handy to tell me which exact vitamins were necessary. More would be discussed on FEB. 11th when I go in for my second checkup which will mark me 6wks post op!!

This grand news totally warranted a celebration by the Marshalls so we did just that! Bryant & I spent the day having too much fun ;) First stop- The Perot Museum.
 


Lots of walking, and guess who didn't have a water bottle handy. yep this girl. Luckily they have a nice café and allowed me to bring my $3 ozarka 20oz in the museum. hah. We made it thru most of the exhibits before my tummy went to talking. Its still uneasy with my shakes and I had drank one just before going in. These mini sick spells don't last long. Usually a bathroom visit or some water take care of them. We looked around a bit more and I was feeling GREAT so when we left we decided to go to Klyde Warren Park and enjoy the beautiful day!! I had take my tennis shoes and a hoody to change in to in case we did something more active than the museum so a quick change and we were off to the outdoors.


I make sure not to forget that although I may not be hungry or
even able to eat for that matter... my husband does! We looked at the food truck and he wasn't interested in what they had so he order a bbq cheddar burger with gouda cheese and a relish patty from Relish. He felt bad having a burger in front of me but I assured him it was just fine. I even photographed it haha.
 
 
This is in action of him telingl me noooo. How he felt bad lol. I gave him such a hard time but reminded him that he has to eat and that I was/am fine!! In fact, I had my nice delicious water to keep me company :) and of course my phones camera....
 

Poor guy has been feeling weird after eating here lately but Im sure its due to the liquid diet he joined me on. His tummy needs to be eased back in to food too I suppose. Anyway, Klyde Warren Park is so much fun!! For Free!! We played foosball and he was scoring goals left and right. Apparently I was waay to aggressive with my team players and their handles bc he kept getting on to me. =P On to the bag toss where I showed TOTAL Domination!! 8-6 April. 4 in a row even!! Had we not gotten to the park so late we would have spent hours and hours there. I look forward to going back!!



Before arriving home we made a pit stop at Lane Bryant. When I hit the 40lb loss, Bryant said I could buy something & I had had my eyes on some cute active wear.  If Im gonna workout I need to feel comfortable. I need to like what im wearing etc. So... here it is lol. Nothing too fancy. I purchased the top and bottoms a bit snug on me as a 22/24. This Is to have a better visual on my WL success as they will eventually fit much different. oh.. and do you see my husband trying to be such a good sport lol
 
 
 
We made one last stop to WalMart before arriving home. I keep seeing things I can add to my diet in a few weeks and I keep trying to buy them. Yea right-Bryant nixed those ideas real quick. We did buy some soup and he and I ate that together for dinner. It was the best way to spend my
 LAST DAY OFF



 

No comments:

Post a Comment