Sunday, January 3, 2016

I've weighted so long...

hello there ;)
welcome to my weight loss journey. this blog is not intended to be the best grammatically- but just a raw documentation of my life as of September 16, 2015.  September 16th is the day I finally met with a bariatric surgeon and began my weight loss journey. i chose to use Dr Kim from Kim Bariatric Institute (KBI) and was thrilled to finally meet the man whose face was on many highway billboards. the meeting went great and insurance coverage was confirmed.
nothing pertaining to insurance coverage is easy so of course there was a list of requirements before an approval could be submitted. these requirements included:
Sleep Study (9/20)
Psych Evaluation (9/29)
Cardiac Stress Test (10/1)
Nutrition Class (10/01)

As you see, the ball went rolling REALLY fast!! I was so glad to have completed all the requirements just in time for my family's big vacation early October. this vacation was successful in keeping my mind off the insurance waiting game!

KBI submitted the paperwork to my insurance on 10/12/15 and received my approval on 11/05/15.
things THEN got real!! along the way, i had learned that i suffer from severe sleep apnea and was to begin using a cpap machine every night. i was devastated by this information but once i saw the difference it made, i was 100% okay with it! by the end of November  i was getting real antsy and called KBI nearly every day trying to figure out what was next and when my surgery date would be,  finally we scheduled the few remaining requirements.
Dec 1st Bariatric Academy
Dec 1st History & Physical
December 7th Begin liquid diet
December 17th EGD
December 31st SURGERY


There were a few hiccups along the road and my surgeon switched from Dr Kim to his partner Dr Holden. this news initially had me rethinking the entire surgery but after lots of discussions and meeting with Dr Holden, i decided to continue.. after all, i've weighted so long...




No comments:

Post a Comment