Thursday, January 21, 2016

Phase lll

FINALLY phase three
 
this entry may be a bit sporadic but an inside view do doubt.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Tuesday January 26, 2016
 
 
Day 26 after surgery. Sometimes I forget I've had surgery. Lots has happened over the weekend and my routine hasn't been set quite yet. Took a nice getaway to Galveston with my mom and nanny to fulfill one of nanny's dreams!! She finally got to see The Oak Ridge Boys live in concert!!


 

We added other fun activities to her weekend away as well such as a dolphin tour. Those dolphins were sure showing off and she was thrilled at the site. Being out of town wasn't the same as it used to be. I LOVE to dine out in different towns. I love breakfast, patio lunches, and intimate dinners. unfortunately at this time I don't get to enjoy them the same as before but I get to learn how to appreciate what I CAN enjoy. For breakfast I had an egg, added some gravy on a few bites. I chewed real long and hard on some crispy bacon too. Nothing too out of control. I had some grilled chicken chewed to puree and a bit of baked potato. The meal decisions weren't the biggest challenge.. the biggest challenge for me was the DRIVING. Its tradition that you stop at the convenient store on your journey out of town and pick up all the drinks and trash food that your heart may desire. Blah. I did end up buying those spicy takis chips and just sucked off all the red powder yumminess before disposing the chip itself in an empty water bottle. Don't Judge me. I have no shame in this. I took some pocket protein with me and continued to drink my water. I weighed myself this morning wondering if I had gained (having consumed more food and all) and to my surprise I had not!!
297.5 yay!! this means I am below 300 and just .5lbs away from a total 50lb loss!! My goal was to lose 50lbs by my birthday which is this Friday the 29th. I'm hoping I reach my second goal!!

 Im under 300lbs!!





Thursday January 21, 2016
 means I'm 21 days post surgery, 3 weeks. Wow! This is a huge mark in my journey as I may now introduce pureed foods!! Sure I already had refried beans a few days earlier than schedule but now, without guilt and many more options, I get to actually make myself a meal.
 
For breakfast today I had the most delicious fluff of heavenly goodness. My husband made me my first phase three breakfast, a scrambled egg!! Crazy how wonderful it tasted :)
For lunch I had Chicken Salad. Sure I would have loved it more before the puree, but after drinking shakes for nearly 7 weeks, this soupy salad goodness did me just fine!! Only a few bites and I was done tho. Its very easy to over eat food of this consistency so I have to count my bites.
For dinner I had egg salad. yummmmmy. I would have never imagined how tasty & filling these simple meals are. I did add a bit of pickle juice to each meal for best consistency. LOVE
 

 
I continued to take my pocket protein in between meals and I continue to see improvement in my energy and hunger pains. Two weeks of this and i'll be on the up and up ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment