Sunday, January 3, 2016

Yes i licked the ham, dont judge me!

 PRE SURGERY life be like....


December 7th is the day i threw all our food away. 4 weeks of protein shakes and water... i knew it was coming. i also knew that itd be worth it in the end. instead of dreading it, i chose to celebrate it!! December 6th a few close friends of mine met me at my favorite brunch spot and we enjoyed my food funeral together!! have i mentioned that i have some of the very best friends a girl can have?! I got to taste everything i loved and give a heart full good bye for the next several months.

What IS a liquid diet anyway?!
water
propel fitness water
crystal light
kool-aid with artificial sweetener
black coffee
protein shakes
sugar free popsicles
sugar free jello
unsweet tea
swansons low sodium broth ( 8oz per day only)

not bad huh?! yea friggin right lol. this was a hard task to complete. i  have been very fortunate that my husband chose to do the liquids with me so the at home temptations were less existent. now work... THAT on the other hand was the hardest. i was challenged daily with the aroma of breakfast AND lunch lingering in the air and often times in to my classroom. i was strong tho. and proud!! I also purchased a ton of liquid extracts to add to my shakes making them much more fun and flavorful. i had a cinnamon roll shake for breakfast most days and a peppermint mocha shake when the weather was chilly (my starbucks fix). butternut became an instant favorite too!!

a daily routine for me goes as follows:
80g of protein & 800 or less calories

7am-8am  SHAKE
10am JELLO
12pm-1pm SHAKE
3pm POPSICLE
5pm-6pm SHAKE
7pm-8pm BROTH or SHAKE

it was recommended that i drink 4 shakes a day. i would usually keep one made to sip on during the small breaks and drink the full ones at the times indicated above. this was my life for 24 days.  during this 24 day period i would be celebrating Christmas with all its food glory... from afar.
 yes i licked the ham, dont judge me

No comments:

Post a Comment